The Be Body Positive Model is comprised of five core Competencies, the fundamental skills we can practice on a daily basis to live peacefully and healthfully in our bodies. When we become proficient—competent—at using these skills, we are able to care for our whole selves from a place of self-love and appreciation, which allows us to act on our purpose and life goals.
I spent the past two years working on a college campus working with students ranging in age from 18-26 years of age. I became the eating disorder go to counselor in the college counseling center. What I learned was that disordered eating and eating disorders are completely preventable. I enjoy working with my clients person to person, but what kind of human being would I be if I just sat back and allowed these social issues continue? I found an amazing program called The Body Positive. I became a licensed facilitator in 2018 and have the passion to create a community in Nashville of Body Positive individuals.
Come and spend an intimate day in a small group setting and learn how the Intuitive Health™ Model can transform your relationship with your body to one that is guided by love, forgiveness, joy, and celebration.
During a daylong Be Body Positive workshop, you will immerse yourself in a process of self-exploration and creative activities that will allow you to:
- Define physical health with real measurements of health rather than arbitrary numbers
- Restore trust in your own body and in your ability to know how to care for it
- Give yourself permission to deeply and truly love your human self
- Develop an expansive definition of beauty so you can include yourself and all people
- Build a Body Positive community to support a life of self-love and body esteem
Contact me today if you are interested in this amazing program that has evidenced based material to prevent disordered eating and eating disorders.